Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Leg Press

This is by far my favorite workout. I'm not really sure why I like it so much but I do it as often as I can. During this workout you sit in a machine with a set range pf motion to work specific muscles groups. in the case of the leg press these muscle groups are the quadriceps, hamstrings , and gluteus maximus. This lift requires very little movement and can usually be done with large amount of weight if the user is physically able. on this machine i can lift 1000 lbs which is about 20 45lbs plates plus the initial 100 pound resistance. Release the weight and bend your knees to 110 degrees. "When your knees have reached [110] degrees, slowly straighten your legs to return to the starting position" (149). Now that you know this information, how much do you plan to leg press?





Bompa, Tudor, Mauro Di Pasquale, and Lorenzo Cornacchia. Serious Strength Training. 3rd ed. N.p.: Human Kinetics, 2013. Print.

0 comments:

Post a Comment