Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2016

PhotographicLighting: Outdoor Lighting



Now that I have reached the last chapter in Photographic Lighting by Bill Hurter, I have officially found my favorite chapter which is outdoor lighting. “Nature provides every lighting variation imaginable. That’s why so many images are made with it (Hurter 96). These were the best photos to take because there wasn’t actually a light sources needed because of the natural outdoor lighting.


These 2 photos were both taken by my phone, they are actually great quality photos but aren't professional because I hadn’t known anything at all about photography so I added a filter to make them look better. “Often, the light is so good that there is just no improving on it” (Hurter 96). These were taken before I took my photo class.
 These next photos were taken with my canon rebel and they turned out amazing. They have the best lighting out of any of the photos I have ever taken. I got a bit carried away with which ones to share, so I just used my favorite ones. Not only do they provide the greatest lighting, but also turned out great in the quality of the camera.





Now that I have finished with the book, all the knowledge to know about photographic lighting is all in my knowledge and I can now apply them to my everyday photography skills, and I can’t wait to use them second semester in photo 2.
Hurter, Bill. The Best of Photographic Lighting: Techniques and Images for Digital Photographers. 2nd ed. Buffalo, NY: Amherst Media, 2006. Print
What do you think of outdoor lighting?

3 comments:

  1. Outdoor lighting looks great! Those pictures are gorgeous, the sunset and cloud ones are really pretty. I like the angles you used to take the pictures, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally love outdoor lighting when taking pictures. Except when the sun's too bright haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pictures!! I think that outdoor lighting is too temperamental and is too unpredictable, but I think you did a beautiful job of using it to take your pictures! I love all the snow. Where did you take the picture of the sunrise?

    ReplyDelete