Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Self Assuring

In football and in life we can either put ourselves in a situation to accomplish something or to not attempt anything at all because of the confidents we have in ourselves. Brian Billick explains how people with high expectations of themselves mostly succeed, this is seen as self assuring.  How people with confidence in themselves can do what ever they think they can because the human spirit is a very powerful thing.

 



        I relate to this by how when I was in middle school I was always looked at as a 3rd stringer or worse, my coaches never gave me a shot to prove myself so I would never see myself a good enough player to my coaches or for myself. This all changed when I hit 9th grade, new coach new chances, for my first season in high school  I started 3 games as a line backer, this built my confidence a little, the season after I started 6 games as a tackle and a center by taking the taking the starting role from teammates by outplaying them, this created a certain trust with my coaches teammates and risen the confidence that I am a good player and I can accomplish anything that I set my mind to.

What have you needed to overcome in playing football or any sport?


Posted 8:36:00 January 25th

Citation: Billick, Brian. Competitive Leadership Twelve Prinicples For Success. N.p.: n.p., n.d. Print.                        

1 comments:

  1. This is a great example of perseverance and willing to never give up. This is a great example of what it takes to be great when it comes to the game of football. As a QB for example you really have to be focused and dedicated to being great in the position. This goes for all other positions in Football also!

    ReplyDelete