Pages

Monday, January 25, 2016

Minecraft Survival: Enchantments

Enchanting helps boost the strength in your weapons and armor, giving you a better chance to survive. Learning how to enchant is essential for survival.

To start off you have to craft your enchantment table, consisted of one book, two diamonds, and three obsidian. After you have crafted you enchantment table, "place the item you wish to enchant in the item square, and a piece of lapis lazuli in the lapis square, then choose one of the three options that appear on the right" (Milton 48). These options will be written in galactic language, so you won't be able to know what it is until the item is enchanted. The numbers on the right indicate how many experience points you'll have to pay, in order to enchant (Milton 48). Having more bookcases around your enchantment table also increase the amount of experience points needed, but greatly improves your chance for a better enchant.

Enchantment Table Recipe
An anvil can also be used to combine enchantments from two items. The second item will lose the enchantment it has, to fix the first one. For this to work, the items must be the same. Place the item in the first anvil slot, and the other item in the second slot. The fixed item should appear on the end slot. This will also cost you experience points.


You may come across enchantment books along the way. You can use these books to enchant your weapons or armor. You can find these enchantment books in chests, located in strongholds, dungeons, jungle temples, desert temples, mineshafts, and from villagers. Just place the book on the second slot of the anvil with your item of choice on the first, to get your end product.

Enchanting greatly improves your chance of survival. I personally always try to enchant my items before fighting any big mobs. I highly recommend you to enchant your items, since it helps so much. Rack up those experience points!

Would you enchant your items too? If so, what is your favorite type of enchantment?

Milton, Stephanie, and Paul Soares. "Basic Weapons." Minecraft: Combat Handbook: An Official Mojang Book. Scholastic, 2014. Print.

2 comments:

  1. When I used to play Minecraft, I loved enchanting items because it gave me the feeling like I got stronger. But one tip I can give you is enchanting books. Instead of wasting 30 exp on a fresh diamond pickaxe you worked so hard on and getting and you get silk touch. When you use books you can enchant until you get the enchantment you want and you can combine these books to get even better enchantments. For example, you just made a new diamond sword and you enchant it and you get Bane of Arthropods. You could of just enchanted a book until you got sharpness and then combine it with fire aspect to make the best sword in the game! My favorite enchantment is knock back because it looks funny when you knock mobs/people around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I start a new survival, one of the first things I do when I find diamonds is create an enchantment table. I try to do this first so that I can get enchanted armor and weapons to be better suited to fight mobs in the game. I also start a cow farm so I can get leather early on to make book shelves for the enchantment table. My favorite enchantments are sharpness, looting, and fire aspect.

    ReplyDelete