Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Woodland Gardens- Morning Glory
Welcome back bloggers! I’m back with another special flower, a flower called “Morning Glory”, interesting name right? This flower was really intriguing to me because of the color of the flower and also the name. I got this flower because it was one that really caught my eye because especially the way the flower looked, for some reason it reminded me of an elephants ear.  Flowers look interesting with their different shapes and colors and Keith Wiley, the author of Designing and Planting a Woodland Garden , says, “Although I love their flowers what is more important for me is the overall shape and habit of the plants and the colors and textures of the foliage”(31).
Morning Glory is a flower that I would say is very different, interesting, and also a pretty flower because of the colors, I think that this flower will be the most interesting flower to grow because it has something that is different from other flowers/plants. While doing the normal steps of planting this flower with its name I could really feel that “morning glory”, it made me feel more excited and happy. While gardening these types of flowers I realized that with every different flower I planted there was some great feeling, especially with the morning glory. I planted the Morning glory right next to the Ipomoea flower because the ipomoea flower the first flower I planted because I believed that it would be interesting how the colors of the morning glory flower and the ipomoea flower will look when there next to each other. Forgetting to tell you guys in the last blog don’t forget to label your flower with a post because these precious flowers can get crushed if you’re not too careful. Continuing on and planting these flowers it will be even more interesting having them next to each other as my woodland garden.


What type of flower would you like to have near you to grow?
Wiley, Keith. Designing and Planting a Woodland Garden. London: Timber Press, 2014. Print.







0 comments:

Post a Comment