Pages

Monday, January 25, 2016

Lasagna

Lasagna has always been one of my most favorite dinners if not my most favorite. It taste so delicious and I can never seem to stop eating it. As I was doing this project, I began to wonder if there was a recipe to lasagna in my cook ebook Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld. Sure enough there was.

The ingredients are as followed:


  • nonstick cooking spray 
  • 1 tablespoon of olive oil
  • 1 lbs beef
  • 1 teaspoon of salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 tablespoon flour
  • 3 garlie cloves 
  • 2 tablespoons sour cream
  • 1/2 cup sweet potato puree
  • 1/2 cup parmesan grated
  • 26 ounces can peeled tomatoes with juice
  • 1 small onion
  • 1 cup cottage cheese
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 cup cauliflower
  • 8 ounces no boil lasagna noodles
  • 2 cups shredded part skim mozzarella
The first thing I did was in a pan with oil, cook the beef with the slat, pepper stirring occasionally. After a few minuets I added the flour, garlic, and stirred. Off the heat I added sour cream, sweet potato puree and parmesan cheese (Seinfeld 131). In the past, I've never mixed the ingredients in this order. But doing it like this, I was able to get better flavoring and make the lasagna taste much more authentic. 


After making the filling part, it was the sauces turn. "Combine tomatoes and juice, the onion, and the remaining parmesan in the food processor or blender and process until smooth (Seinfeld 131). I just put all of theses ingredients in my food processor and they mixed wonderfully. When I was younger and first started to make lasagna, I just made the sauce in a pan and stirred it constantly. Bu now with the instructions of how to make this lasagna, I was abel to mix the sauce much easier and better compared to before. 

I then had to assemble the lasagna which wasn't easy but it was done with some hard work and patience. 



In this recipe of lasagna, I was able to add sweet potato puree and cauliflower puree. No on was able to taste it or see it thanks to all the different colors that are in the dish. Not only was my family and I eating one of our most favorite dinners, we were also eating cauliflower and sweet potato. One of my family and I least favorite foods. 

What is your favorite dinner to make and eat? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment