Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Vegan Spaghetti Carbonara

For this recipe, I chose to make one of my favorite foods in the whole world. I have been anticipating making this recipe for a long time and was so excited to try it out. I have loved spaghetti carbonara all my life and the fact that it isn't vegan is very depressing in my opinion, until I found this recipe. Not only does this recipe substitute the cheesy sauce with a non-dairy version, but she goes all the way to substitute that pasta noodles for even healthier zucchini noodles, which is also something I have been wanting to try out ever since I got a tool to make noodles out of nearly any vegetable for Christmas. To begin, I gathered my ingredients:

4 zucchinis
1 cups dairy free shredded Parmesan (daiya brand)
1 cup almond milk
1 teaspoon salt

and that's it! This was definitely the simplest recipe I have found because it's only four ingredients.

The first step was to bring a quart of water to a boil which took much longer than I expected so I formed my noodles during this time. Isa explained, "use a tool specifically for making noodles or you can use the technique located on page 13" (Chandra pg. 168), but since I had the designated equipment I was ready to rumble! After forming the noodles, I added them to my boiling water and allowed them to cook for about 5 minutes.

While my noodles were cooking, I prepared the sauce. This was an effortless task as all I had to do was add two ingredients to a pot on the stove and stir away. 

Finally, I drained my noodles, placed them into a large bowl, stirred in the sauce, and it was ready to serve. The spaghetti tasted incredible and I would definitely make it again and recommend it to anyone. This recipe was so easy and contained so few ingredients, I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want to try it out themselves. The only thing that I would do differently if I was to make this again would be that I would garnish it with some sort of leafy green like parsley or cilantro to give it a nicer presentation and a little more flavor. 


After seeing some of these recipes that I have posted, I would like to know if you would you ever consider becoming a vegan yourself, why or why not?

Moskowitz, Isa Chandra. Isa Does It: Amazingly Easy, Wildy Delicious Vegan Recipes for Every Day of the Week. N.p.: n.p., n.d. Print.

1 comments:

  1. Omg this sounds and looks delicious! I have been a vegan for over 5 years and I have never heard of this recipe before. I cannot wait to go home and have myself a bowl of Vegan Spaghetti Carbonara. Thank you so much for the recipe <3

    p.s can I get your number ;)

    ReplyDelete