Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2016

C++ Programming Langauge

  Last blog post, I described about how I learned how to make some good and effective classes in my C++ program. This blog post I will be doing what I wanted to work on to help enhance my abilities at separating my data files, I wanted how to learn pointers better.

   As I mention previously when it comes to programming, no one can directly tell you how to do it and you copy those steps. However, you can see an example of a concept and eventually make up your own style to integrate it into your works. This is exactly what I did when it came to pointers.

According to Stroustrup, you need to implement them in environments where you have to reference the variable directly rather than simply make a copy of it. When describing the variable it is written, "The fundamental operation on a pointer is dereferencing (sic), that is, referring to the object pointed to by the pointer. "(Stroustrup, 89). So I then took these principles and put this into my program. I used derfrencing so I can delete junk that was already used up, by pointing directly where it was in my program. 


Now with the creation of classes and the integration of pointers under my belt, I would now want to know how to effectively use arrays to hold large amounts of data and how to effectively distribute the data held inside of them. If anyone knows how to use data more carefully can you please give me some advice? Also if you have any question at all please feel free to ask! Besides Array’s what do you think I should do next?


Stroustrup, Bjarne. The C++ Programming Language. 4th ed. Upper Saddle River:
     Addison-Wesley, 2013. Print.

0 comments:

Post a Comment