Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Cheese Please


          For my fourth pie, I decided I wanted something a little cheesy. I wanted something sweet, but a little bit of shower at the same time. That is why I chose to make a lemon cheesecake pie. I chose to follow directions once again from A Year of Pies, A Seasonal Tour of  Home Baked Pies. 
          I began by gathering my materials which consisted of

  • "16 oz cream cheese
  • 1 cup of sugar
  • 1 cup of sour cream
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/3 cup of lemon juice
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup kosher salt
  • 1 pie crust" (English 132).
         I then mixed the food together in a mixer until the mixture was smooth (English 132)
Me mixing the mixture
         While I was doing this, I baked the pie crust until golden brown at 330 degrees. once the mixture was stirred, I poured it into the crust, and baked it for 40 mins.
Me pouring the mixture into the pie crust
Me putting the unbaked pie into the oven. 
 After the pie was done baking, I let it cool, and then chilled it for about four hours. The pie turned out to be really good. I am actually eating a piece of it while I am writing this. It could have been better though, I personally think that the lemon flavor could be a little more present. When cooking this, I used lemon juice from a bottle. When you are baking with fruit juices, do you prefer to use juice you squeezed yourself, or manufactured juice?

English, Ashley. A Year of Pies. New York: Lark Crafts, 2012. Print. 


1 comments:

  1. Whenever I bake or make something that requires juice, I prefer manufactured juice because it's easier. Also squeezing your own juice requires a good amount of fruit because if you don't get a good ripe fruit, you won't have enough juice for the recipe and it won't taste as good.

    ReplyDelete