Pages

Monday, December 26, 2016

Face To Face With "The Hollywood Starlet"

For my third blog, I've decided to go more glam and try my best to recreate Marilyn Monroe's daily look. This time, Alyssa asked the reader to start with the eyes instead of the base (other wise known as foundation). She says "Transforming into the model of Marilyn Monroe; begin with the eyes." (Giacobbe30). After the eyes, Alyssa asks to apply makeup on your brows then continue with the normal process of applying makeup.






After I had finished my eyes, eyebrows, and foundation I started applying bronzer and blush. I noticed that this model has PLEANTY of bronzer and blush. A lot more than even I would typically apply. After that, I continued with applying highlighter to the top of my cheekbones and tip of my nose. When adding the extra beauty mark, I noticed that I already have a natural one under my left eye. So instead of creating one. I simply applied some eyebrow gel to the beauty mark to make it stand out. Alyssa says "Here, for the full Marilyn effect, I decided to apply a beauty mark on the models upper cheekbone using the same black liquid eyeliner. Just a dot of eyeliner is enough."(Giacobbe31) The reason I neglected to use eyeliner is because black is to dark for my skin tone and hair color, therefore brown would come off as more natural and not look like a gigantic black head.










To conclude, my skin looks shiny because I forgot to apply a powder to tone my skin down and to take away that shiny look. I love this look, maybe to wear to school or out to dinner. This is something I'd do again.


Would you attempt this look?

Any tips?







0 comments:

Post a Comment