Pages

Friday, December 30, 2016

Confetti Corn


For my last blog I decided to make something I had never tried making before, confetti corn. I found a page in my recipe book that was titled confetti corn, and I had never heard of anything like it so I decided to try it out. There’s different corn recipes that I’ve tried before but none of them had similar ingredients to this one.

The ingredients include
  • 2 Tbsp. olive oil
  • ½ cup chopped red onions
  • 1 small orange bell pepper, ½ inch diced
  • 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
  • 4 cups corn kernels
  • 1½ tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. black pepper
  • 2 Tbsp. julienned fresh basil
  • 2 Tbsp. minced fresh chives
The first step is to heat the oil in a large sauté pan on medium heat.

Add the onions into the pan and sauté them for 5 minutes so that the onions become soft. Then stir in the bell peppers and sauté them for 2 more minutes (Garten, 160). First I added the onions and sautéed them for roughly 5 minutes on medium heat until the onions became slightly brown and soft. Then I added in the diced bell pepper to the pan and sautéed them for about 2 minutes.
Then add the butter to the pan and allow for it to melt.

“Over medium heat, add the corn, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes, until the corn just loses its starchiness” (Garten, 160). I first cooked the corn for 5 minutes then I checked if they were still starchy by pulling a few of them out and checking if they were still sticky, some of the corn kernels were still a little bit sticky. So I cooked them for about 2 more minutes and checked them again and they weren’t sticky anymore so I knew they were done cooking.


For seasoning add in the chives and basil, then serve confetti corn while its hot and enjoy.
The confetti corn turned out pretty good especially for my first time making it. I definitely will we be making it again. And I recommend you try.


Do you often modify your recipes and experiment with them, or do you like to stick to the original recipe?
Garten, Ina. Barefoot Contessa Back to the Basics. New York, Clarkson Potter, 2008. Print



0 comments:

Post a Comment