Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Mini Banner

Hi bloggers! I hope you're enjoying your last days of winter break. For my last blog this month i will be creating a mini banner you can use for your locker or as accessory to your room.

Materials:

  • colored duct tape ( 1 or more)
  • 1/8 inch wide ribbon or string
  • scissors
  • permanent marker or paint pen                                                                                                                                         
First gather all the materials, then make and offset double side strip (Wallenfang, 7). Make sure the tape is four and half inches long (Wallenfang, 26)
                                                                                  
The second step is to trim away the 1/2 inch sticky side that's up, then fold over and stick the sticky side that's down to create the ribbon tunnel (Wallenfang, 26).                                                                                                                             

Third step; trim the pennant shape with scissors.




Repeat all three steps for the next pennants ( depending on what letters you want to put on the banner).

Fourth and final step, thread the pennants onto the ribbon/string; add the letters with a paint pen* in my case i'll be using a black sharpie* (Wallenfang, 26).









What kind of changes/alterations have you made in a craft work? if so were you successful?



 Wallenfang, Patti. Just Duct Tape It! Little Rock, AR: Leisure Arts, 2011. Print.

2 comments:

  1. Some changes/alterations that I have made to one of the craft works I've done is when I knit every now and then I would have to go back and either add another loop or take one of the loops off. When doing that a few times I was unsuccessful but majority of the time I was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laila thank you for commenting on my post and i hope you will comment on the other ones. My best advice is to continue on what you're doing and you'll get better over time

      Delete