Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Face To Face With "The Club Princess"

As a second blog post, I wanted to try something outside of a "normal look". Something that you wouldn't see everyday let alone, in America. Page by page I turned until I found this specific look called "The Club Princess". In Tokyo, this look is often worn by many females who are attempting to express their moods and personalities through makeup. This is also considered "Bold" look in Tokyo.


As you can see, the pink/red eyeshadow travels up her brow bone and fades into the center of her eyes with a nicely applied light pink lip gloss. While this look is simple. It also takes a lot of work. One thing I've learned is that with simplicity; takes the cost of time and practice. Alyssa Giacobbe first started by applying foundation onto this models skin, she neglected to add bronzer, highlighter or any other makeup product besides a completely nude face. She says "Make bright makeup stands out even more by leaving the rest of the face completely nude." (Giacobbe155)


While after I had completed this look, Personally. I did not prefer the nude foundation alone, so I added highlighter to my nose and a thick line of bronzer under my cheek bones which thinned out my face. I also adjusted my eyeshadow to my own eyes to look proportional to hers.

One thing i found quiet interesting is that Alyssa did not use mascara and instead used blush to cover her eyelashes. "I kept the rest of her face nude, with no blush or mascara." (Giacobbe154)

In the end, this is not a look I would wear outside of the house. Maybe a look for fun and to try something new, but not something I'd like to present to the student body at my school or in a public place.





I left my hair wavy; thinking it matched the look a bit nicer than if I had my hair down or up, the look seems a bit more... Exotic. And for an exotic look, you have to have an exotic hair style.



Questions:

1. What "exotic" or crazy makeup styles have you tried on your own?
2. Do you have any tips or tricks i may not know about?







#makeup #exotic #different









0 comments:

Post a Comment