Pages

Friday, December 30, 2016

"Peanut Butter" and Jelly Cups

               I love Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. I get it from my father, we both Loveeeeee them. When I was looking through Juli Bauer’s “Paleo Cookbook” I happen to run across a “Peanut Butter” and Jelly Chocolate Cups. This excited me. I knew I had to make it. The jelly part of it seem odd to me but I was willing to test it.

The Paleo aspect of this dish, is that it doesn’t use real peanut butter. Instead, Juli Bauer has us combine sunflower seed butter and honey (Bauer 218) in order to make our own peanutless peanut butter. Since I did not have Sunflower Seed Butter on hand when I was making this, I used Almond Butter instead.

It was pretty easy making these, and fun too. I think the hardest part of this recipe was to attempt to get it decent looking. I know it should be all about the flavor, but sometimes things gotta look pretty too. But I totally failed in that category. The third recipe of the recipe says “Place less than 1 tablespoon of melted chocolate in each muffin line, spreading the chocolate over the bottom of the line and up the sides” (Bauer 218). When I was doing this step, instead of making a nice chocolate outside, it looked like a 5-year-old had come in and tried to do this. Chocolate on the outsides of the muffin liners, chocolate dripping on the counter, and uneven sides. Let’s just say spreading chocolate isn’t my forte.

All in all, everything turned out good. It may not have looked nice, but it sure did taste good. I have to say that “peanut butter” and jelly tastes pretty dang good with chocolate. But next time, I think I’m going to stick with a dish that doesn’t require spreading chocolate. 

                                                 [Picture of Final Product]



Would you consider eating this dish? What do you think about Peanutless Peanut Butter?


Bauer, Juli, Bill Staley, and Hayley Mason. Juli Bauer's Paleo Cookbook: Over 100 Gluten-free Recipes to Help You Shine from within. Las Vegas: Victory Belt, 2015. Print.



0 comments:

Post a Comment