Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Origami Hat



Origami Hat


In the book, Teach Yourself Origami by John Montroll, an origami hat is apart of the beginner section. Since I haven’t made a lot of origami I believe that I should try another easy one. I’ve made origami hat’s before but it wasn’t similar to the one in this book. I surprising had difficulty making this one , but that was because the directions weren’t clear to me and reading from a book instead of seeing it done through a video or in person is harder for me to do. In the book it says, “When you fold something for the first time it could seem difficult. If you do have trouble, fold very slowly and carefully and do not give up.” (9) Since, I wasn’t familiar with this style of making a origami hat I was  confused but after trying a couple of times I correctly made the hat.

The most confusing part for me was when it said to fold a layer up. (13) This was confusing to me because I was just looking at the pictures and not looking at the words right next to the picture but after looking back on the previous step I realized that the hat needed to be face backwards. After that I was able to make the hat.

What is the easiest way for you to learn origami?

                           Montroll, John. Teach Yourself Origami. Mineola, NY: Dover Publications, 2011. Print.                                                 
                                                                        

6 comments:

  1. I feel like the easiest way to learn origami is to read the instructions and just follow along to the best of my abilities, and just keep at it until I can remember how to do it correctly for that shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great that your able to learn origami just by reading the instructions! I usually learn origami by watching someone else.

      Delete
  2. Me personally I like learning origami through step by step videos, because you can rewatch the video, going at your own pace and getting more of a better way visual on how your origami figure should turn out. And you are able to remember certain step because you learned it visually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, learning through a video is easier because your able to see how someone else makes it and they may even give out tips on how to do something and show it visually.

      Delete
  3. In my opinion, I think that learning origami is through a video or by repetition. I like to go through the video step by step slowly and it is very easy to visually see what you have to do next. I also like to learn through repetition because it allows me to memorize and improve the figure i am trying to make correctly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, origami is easier to make when learning through a video because you can see the step done visually. I haven't tried learning origami through repetition, I'll have to try that out.

      Delete