Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Alright Brownies

For my second attempt at cooking I decided to bake brownies. I think that I succeeded better at brownies then I did at milkshakes. I think that I learned that following the recipe doesn't always get you exactly what you expected. The recipe called for "2 ounces of unsweetened chocolate" (107) and so I looked up the conversion chart for ounces to tablespoons and it was 4 tablespoons.

First I gathered all my ingredients and then in medium saucepan I melted butter and unsweetened chocolate (107). After that I took it off the heat and then I mixed in eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract. Then I mixed in the flour and poured it into a pan. I had previously heated the oven to 350. I put the brownies in for 30 minutes and then took them out and let them cool. I think that they tasted good.

Do you like chewy or not chewy brownies?





Darling, Jennifer. Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book. Des Moines, IA: Meredith, 1989. Print.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Katelyn! Those brownies look great :) and to answer your question, I prefer chewy brownies over non-chewy. I guess they're just easier to eat. When you said that following a recipe doesn't get you what you expected, I completely agree with you, especially if you're a beginner. How did your first time baking go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I think my first time baking definitely turned out better than making milkshakes. I think it's easier to use an oven than it is to use a blender.

      Delete
  2. Hey Katelyn! To answer your question, I think I prefer chewy brownies if they are done right because I love the texture when I eat them. I find that brownies are amazing with the right amount of chewiness. What did you get that you did not expect when you made this recipe? They look delicious and very chocolatey, good job!
    Do you suggest for a baker to keep recipes from sticking on the pan? I used to bake sometimes, and I noticed that things like to stick to pans even when you put cooking spray on it.
    Thanks and keep up the good baking!:)
    Sidney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and to answer your question they weren't as chewy as I expected them to be. I'm not really sure how to keep things from sticking on the pan besides using non-stick spray but I'll let you know if I hear of a different way!

      Delete