Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Side French Braid

 

Good Morning blog readers! I hope you all slept well J. The style of braid I will be showing today is called “Side French Braid”. This French braid is a unique compared to ones you typically see. It starts at your part and runs completely straight down just one side of your head. This look will definitely give you lots of compliments and is a great look for the summer. A tip I read was “If you have very fine, straight hair that tends to loosen up in braids, applying moose right before braiding may help braids stay in place and remove flyways” (Coefield 10). When I was braiding my little cousin’s hair I noticed lots of  little hairs poking out of the braid, I thought what could I do to prevent this? Then I remembered what I had read about the moose, so I took out the braid applied moose to her hair, and then the braid turned out extremely better. Another tip the book gave was if your hair is very silky straight applying hairspray will help define the braids and ensure that the hairstyle lasts all day (Coefield 11). I suggest anyone with straight hair to use this tip, it helps out a lot, but if you have curly hair, like me, you don’t really need hairspray because your hair naturally will stay in the braids.

Steps to complete this braid:

  1. Gather a small section of hair at the front of your head
  2. Divide this section into three small sections and begin French braiding down towards the direction of your right ear. You’ll want to cross the left section over the middle strands and then the right section over the middle strands, adding additional strands to the outer sections each time you cross them over the middle.
  3. Once you reach your ear, begin grabbing small sections of hair from the other side of your head and incorporating them into the left side of the braid as you braid
  4. Continue braiding until you reach the end of your hair. Secure braid with an elastic.

Here’s how it turned out:


Question: Would you guys ever do this hairstyle? Any tips?

 

Citation: Coefield, Sasha. DIY Braids: From Crowns to Fishtails, Easy, Step-by-step Hair Braiding Instructions. Avon, MA: Adams Media, 2014. Print

0 comments:

Post a Comment