Pages

Monday, December 26, 2016

Berry & Chia Smoothie Bowl

 High school mornings smoothie recipe

Eating breakfast in the morning is the best way to stay energized throughout the entire school day. There is no better way to start your day than with a balanced, nutritious breakfast packed with natural superfoods (Turner 8). Even though many of us high school students are always in a rush to get to school on time, the fun recipes that I have found from the book Superfood Breakfasts by Kate Turner can be made in under 5 minutes. Another nice thing about smoothies is that they are so refreshing and super easy to make. Throughout the past few weeks of school, I've made myself and my family smoothie bowls for breakfast and we have all enjoyed them. But most importantly, I've noticed that I can focus better in class.
The Berry and Chia fruit smoothie bowl as described by Kate Turner "Will make your body love you" (Turner 28).






Ingredients
Serves 2 (Or you could just pour the whole thing into a bowl like I do)
3/4 cup frozen raspberries
2/3 cup frozen blueberries
1 cup nut milk
1 small ripe banana
1/3 cup avocado cubes
2 tbsp. chia seeds
2 tbsp. acai berry powder
Toppings
1/2 small mango, peeled and sliced (Let sit in window first!)
1 tsbp. raspberries
1 tbsp. pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp. dried mulberries
Here's my modified version of this recipe
2 cups of frozen mixed berries
1 small ripe banana
1 cup of apple grape juice ( Orange juice/ Water or almond milk)
1 tbsp of raspberry yogurt (can be any yogurt)
Toppings
A few pieces of store bought sliced mangos
A few raspberries
1 tbsp. pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp. dried mulberries
Tip for my smoothie recipes
You can add or change any ingredients to make the smoothie the way that you'd like.

Questions: What's your favorite smoothie? What's your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?

5 comments:

  1. Hi Faith! To answer your question, I'm actually not a really big smoothie person but my favorite thing to eat for breakfast is scrambled eggs if I have time before school. Even though I'm not big on smoothies, that smoothie bowl looks really pretty and tasty! I agree with what the book said about how eating breakfast before school makes a big difference because I know that when I eat a good filling breakfast, I feel better and more energized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Sydney! Breakfast definitely is the most important meal of the day. I hope that you try this smoothie and my other smoothie recipe out.

      Delete
  2. Hello Faith! To answer question, my favorite smoothie is something that has strawberries or mango's in them because i love both of those flavors! Also for breakfast, if i actually have time to eat breakfast, i love to eat toast with avocados and an egg on top. A lot of people dont like avocados but i love them so much and if you have it with toast and an egg, its perfect! I can't wait to see your next post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Jason! I love mango smoothies as well! Stay tuned for my next blog post because I'll be posting a recipe for avocado toast in order to mix up my blog a bit and provide a nice variety of healthy and fun recipes!

      Delete
  3. Hey Faith! This smoothie you made looks very delicious! But answering your question, my favorite smoothies are banana smoothies. I rarely eat breakfast in the morning because I am always rushing! But I think making a smoothie would be quick enough for me to make as an easy breakfast and still make it to school on time. However, on the weekends, I love eating scrambled eggs with toast. Thanks for this recipe, I'll try it sometime!

    ReplyDelete