Pages

Friday, January 26, 2018

Golden Milk

The one last thing to top of every meal is a nice warm extremely healthy drink. for my last food item I decided to make a drink that encompassed all of that! Introducing golden milk!! First I put a can of coconut milk, a 3 inch stick of cinnamon, turmeric powder, ground black pepper, and honey in a small saucepan. I had to be really careful with the turmeric powder because it will stain everything it touches! Next I added 2 cups of water to the saucepan. I let the contents of the pot boil then simmer for 10 minutes. it tried to boil over a few times but everything turned out fine.
After 10 minutes with some help I poured the milk through a strainer to remove extra pepper and the cinnamon stick.

I added a little more honey to add a little more sweetness. I filled a mug and but some ground cinnamon on the top. My little bros liked it and my dad liked it because turmeric helps with inflammation in the body.

This drink is supper healthy but is a bit more savory then sweet. What should I add next time that would make it sweeter but still keep it healthy?

1 comments:

  1. I like what you did for your blog I never actually heard of golden milk in my life before so I thought it was cool and really nice that you talked about it.

    ReplyDelete