Pages

Friday, January 26, 2018

What Can I Do To Help The Environment?



From playing in our backyard, to swimming at the beach, we all reap the rewards of the environment in some way. However, many people aren't aware of the effect that their behavior has on this Earth, and if this ignorance goes on for any longer, people will begin to reap just what they sow: a lack of resources, shown through the debilitation of Earth's beauty and life. But fear not; there is a way to lessen humanity's negative effects on the environment. One way to do this would be to conserve nonrenewable resources: according to Sherman Hollar, one example of a nonrenewable fossil fuel is petroleum (1201). I apply this knowledge to my everyday life by conserving petroleum through taking the bus instead of a car to get to and from school. I know that every little thing counts, and, even though my contribution may be small, it's still worth it to repay this Earth for all that it's granted me, and treat it well, so that I can make it a better place for others living in it. 

Speaking of Earth's other inhabitants, Hollar also noted that "in the early 21st century... surveys in the United States revealed that more than 60 percent of citizens purchase recyclable products when give the choice. Such information will ultimately lead to companies supporting recycling because it has become more economically profitable to do so" (2038). I find this knowledge beneficial to me because, I'm comforted by the fact that over half of my country cares about the world that I live in, and they are willing to help me in the quest to keep it beautiful. Through this statistic, I can recycle knowing that many others are doing the same thing, and my little efforts to save this big world, aren't in vain. I find this knowledge beneficial to me because I know that I will not be alone when I say that I care about the Earth, and I'm willing to value it enough to make changes to my lifestyle. 

Are you willing to slightly inconvenience yourself for the sake of the world you live in, and everyone in it?


0 comments:

Post a Comment