Pages

Sunday, January 28, 2018

Different Types of Billiards Balls

Hello. Today, I will be talking about the different types of balls used in billiards.
In Billiards, two types of balls are used, striped balls and solid balls. There is also the cue ball, which is struck by the cue stick to hit other balls. "In 8-Ball, all 15 balls are used, and in 9-ball only the balls numbered 1-9 are used" (Alciatore 6).
This is a striped ball.
 This is a solid ball.

In 8-Ball pool, the main objective is to hit these balls with the cue ball into the pockets. Once you have "pocketed" all of the striped or solid balls, you are ultimately required to pocket the 8-ball in order to win (Alciatore 6). I plan on explaining the rules of 8-Ball in the future.

Overall, this information has helped me in playing pool, because now that I can properly distinguish between striped and solid balls, I now can have a proper objective when playing billiards.
My question to you is: Which ball type would you go for, striped or solid?

Alciatore, David G. The Illustrated Principles of Pool and Billiards. New York, Sterling Pub., 2004.

0 comments:

Post a Comment