Pages

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Learning from other types of drawing

The past blogs I've been drawing and sketching things that looked easy for me, but in the book Drawing for the absolute beginner the author the opposite and wants you to try new things and never be comfortable. "you may have a knack for drawing faces but feel like you can't draw a building in perspective to save your life...then you will not gain experience...Challange yourself" (Willenbrink 54). The author is suggesting that if  for example your good at drawing trains and automobiles but can't even try to draw a house than your not challenging yourself to get better and gain experience.

I've always had troubling drawing animals because I would never get their body parts to be same. But I decided to challenge myself by trying out to draw a swan. I still think I messed up on some parts of the swan like its beak, But now I have the knowledge to fix future mistakes such as the beak.



Can you still learn new experiences from being in a comfortable spot all the time?


Willenbrink, Mark, and Mary Willenbrink. Drawing for the Absolute Beginner: a Clear & Easy Guide to Successful Drawing. North Light Books, 2006.

1 comments:

  1. Hello Philip. I believe that you can indeed learn new experiences while in the same spot, even if it takes a longer time.

    ReplyDelete