Pages

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Simple Egg Drop Soup

This was a recipe I was so excited to make! Simple egg drop soup is a food that as the tittle suggests is...simple. I already had all of the ingredients which made it even simpler. So first I brought some homemade chicken broth to a boil and put some fish sauce in it to give it a little more flavor.

While I waited for that to boil I cracked an egg into a bowl and put some fish sauce in their as well. I LOVE SLATY THINGS!
I mixed that together and by that time the chicken broth was boiling and I slowly poured the egg mixture into the pot. VERY SLOWLY! The second the egg hit the broth it cooked. I made sure that it was soft a fluffy not hard or over cooked.

I poured it into bowls and put some scallions on the top.

My sister was not a huge fan but the rest of my siblings loved it. I would recommend it for a quick and easy dinner.
What meal do you think this should be cooked for and what would you put on top?

4 comments:

  1. Nice job Bennybenben 1617, your soup really looks tasty and will have to try for myself. In my personal preference egg drop soup would be eaten as kind of a side soup with another main dish instead. To put on top I would just leave it like it is since I'm not into scallions. Nice job again Bennybenben 1617!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Jadenne c. I think that that would be a good idea to use the soup as a side dish instead of a full meal. I will have to try that!!

      Delete
  2. That dish looks really good! I don't eat eggs often, but this looks like something that you could make if you were in a hurry, or as a side dish. I personally would've put something in it to make it spicy though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my post!! I would try to add something spicy like some hot sauce or some peppers on top.

      Delete