Pages

Friday, January 26, 2018

Pina Colada Tapioca Pudding

I have successfully made something for every time of the day but what do you eat afterwards. Introducing dessert!!! I found this delightful pudding that just looked so scrumptious that I had to try it. First, I had to rinse the tapioca for around 20 seconds in a strainer.

I set that tapioca aside and began to boil the coconut water in a small saucepan.
I then poured the tapioca in the coconut water and cooked that for around 11 minutes. I had to make sure that the pearls did not stick to the pan. I cooked them until the liquid thickened and the pearls were almost translucent.Next I cut half of the a vanilla bean lengthwise and scraped out all the seeds. I added half of the seeds and the scraped out pod. I also added the coconut milk, honey, and just a pinch of salt.




  I stirred it until all the seed clumps were gone and stirred for 5 to 7 minutes. I then took the pot of the heat and let it cool to room temperature. Then I put it into a container and put it in the fridge to cool overnight.

While that was cooling I started on the pineapple garnish to put on top. I put a can of pineapple into a small sauce pan with all of its natural juices.
Then I put the other half of the vanilla bean pod and the extra seeds in with the pineapple.
I turned on the heat and waited for it to boil. Once it started to bubble I let it simmer for 15 minutes until it had boiled down to half.
Then I removed the vanilla bean pod. I added a little bit of honey and added a pinch of salt. I took the pot of the heat and used a hand blender to puree it until it was like apple sauce.
I then put the pineapple mixture in a container and put it in the freezer overnight.
The next day I put the pudding into some bowls and scarped some puree on top.
My little siblings loved it and it was absolutely delicious.

I cant wait to do this again. What fruit should I use next time instead of pineapple for a new twist?

2 comments:

  1. This looks so good Benny! I think it would really be good with any fruit, like strawberries or blueberries. Great info!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out this post! I think that berries would taste terrific on this dish.

      Delete