Pages

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Dinner Dress codes

𝓕or my last blog post, I will be talking about the dress code to 2 different types of dinner events ! But before we start,
What do you like to wear when going out to dinner?


π’»π‘œπ“‡π“‚π’Άπ“ 
When it comes to a more formal dinner experience, Fressange mentions to, "Bank on your basics" (54). I agree with her, because even if you end up over dressing, if you stuck to basics, you'll still look presentable. For my dinner on the town outfit, I decided to go for a neutral color dress that still looks dressy, especially with the lace and simple bows on the back, and a neutral colorurse. But for shoes, while a light pink is still pretty neutral, the silver heel and lace up feature really pulls together the entire look, especially since Fressange mentions that shoes are accessory that can transform your ensemble (54).





π’Ύπ“ƒπ’»π‘œπ“‡π“‚π’Άπ“
For a more casual setting, such as a dinner date to a non-fancy restaurant, it's good to dress without looking desperate and revealing a lot of skin. For example, instead of a tight mini skirt with a plunging v neck top, opt for a skirt that's at least a bit past mid thigh, and go for a top without such a low neck. For my outfit, I decided to go for a nice cashmere mock neck, which looks more luxurious compared to polyester, and then a simple pair of jeans and a nice pair of flats. While it's simple and doesn't show off too much skin, it still looks well put together and more elegant compared to a more skin showing outfit. 



𝑀𝑒𝓇𝒸𝒾 π΅π‘’π’Άπ“Šπ’Έπ‘œπ“Šπ“… !
  π’₯π‘’π“ˆπ“ˆπ’Ύπ’Έπ’Ά 𝑀.


Fressange, Ines de la, et al. Parisian Chic: a Style Guide. Flammarion, 2011.

2 comments:

  1. I think your fashion choice is impeccable but I am more of a risk taker when it comes to fashion I most of the time i tend to put my own spin to a basic outfit to make it suit my liking. Is there anything you personally recommend doing to my outfits to make them seem less extravagant?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're someone who likes having over the top outfits, then keep going that way ! But I'd recommend to have a focus point in your outfit, so nothing is too over the top, but it's still unique (like simple ballet flats and jeans, but with a bright top), or you can make outfits not stand out so much by wearing neutral and muted colors, so instead of a hot pink, you'd opt for a blush color, or instead of a "loud" red, you'd go for a deep burgundy so it's still colorful but is somewhat close to a neutral color (like black!)
      Hope this helps :) !

      Delete