Pages

Monday, January 29, 2018

Experiencing Spanish Culture

Experiencing Spanish Culture

Throughout the first semester of learning a new language, I have learned a lot about how to appreciate a new culture. In my Spanish class, we have watched Hispanic movies, tried cultural foods, and listened to Spanish music. By doing so, I  have learned how vibrant, energetic and fun, the culture of Latin American countries are. "Hispanic culture is bright, cheery, and full of life!" (Boyles 2).  I have loved learning about Hispanic culture and I am eager to learn. In class, we watched a movie called Selena, about a girl and her Spanish singing career. In this movie,  we experienced food culture, dance culture, clothing culture, and most importantly, music culture of Hispanics.  "Music is one of the best ways to look into a culture. By listening to the local music of Mexico, Spain and Puerto Rico, you can learn much about what each country has to offer" (Boyles 2).


Lately, I have been listening to Hispanic music during class. Everyday I have understood more and more of the Spanish language, which is something I'm very proud of. And you can do it too!

Boyles, Peggy Palo. Prentice Hall Realidades 1. Pearson Education, 2011. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment