Pages

Sunday, January 28, 2018

Building the HG 1/144 Star Burning Gundam

In this post, I will be building a gunpla kit for the Star Burning Gundam. Gunpla (which means Gundam Plastic) is a series of models based off of Mobile Suits from a science fiction anime. There's also different "grades" of kits. In order going from release date is HG, HGUC, RG, MG, RE/100, and PG. Other kits are also non-plastic, like special edition versions which include gloss-finish, pearl-finish, and titanium-finish. Some kits are also made out of unpainted resin.



The tools I'll be using in this will be a pair of wire cutters (I lost my original nippers), a black Gundam marker, and a x-acto knife. 

Each of the pieces come on a plastic tray called a runner, which I'll have to cut them off of. I usually also detail the pieces as I'm putting them together since I find that easier than doing it after the model is finished.

I'll start with the body/torso first. Some kits like the IBO Full Mechanics have you build the frame first but with most of them you'll put the armor on as you build it.


Now I'll be doing the head. There's pretty much always stickers for the eyes, but I know people also paint them on.


Next is the right and left arms. These also have some small stickers on it, and clear pieces. In each kit there's also different hands to put on, like fists, ones to hold guns/beam sabers, etc.


All that's left now is the waist, feet, and legs, then the backpack and weapons.



Finished! Overall I liked this kit, but I wish they had it in a 1/100 scale instead of just 1/144. The clear parts on it also look pretty cool. The legs were also kinda finicky when posing but were stable.








0 comments:

Post a Comment