Pages

Monday, November 30, 2015

Info on short course trucks and chossing the right tires for you

RC's that I have had experience with-

I do all sorts of driving with my RC's and have several different types of RC's that preform at their best in different environments. Some of mine include the Traxxas slash 2WD: good on dirt tracks, indoor carpet tracks, and cement tracks, the Traxxas summit: good on off-road courses and the also Axial SCX10 deadbolt: good at rock crawling and off-roading (trail trucking) but this blog is going to mostly be about short course trucks (the Traxxas slash).


A bit of background on the slash-

The Traxxas slash is a very versatile short course RC truck and comes in many different versions. The slash comes in a 2WD or 4WD, brushless (motor) or brushed (motor), and a low cg (center of gravity) chassis, all of which are good for different racing.


Picking your tires-

Pro-line Trenchers
Pro-line Badlands
Pro-line Street fighters
















Now lets get into choosing your tires. In order to choose the correct tires for you, you need to look at the type of driving/racing you will be doing because, "the stock tires get you up and running but often aren't ideal for the conditions you plan to run in."(Radio Control Car Action 27) The types of tires include street, dirt, and AT(all-terrain) tires. Some of the tires I have had experience with are Pro-line Racing Badlands, Trenchers, and Street fighters. I love the trenchers which I run on my summit and on my slash because the are great on and off the road. The badlands aren't my favorite tires which I have also ran on my slash because they wear down to quickly on the road BUT that's what I get for running them on the street. The street fighters are also another one of my favorites because they are phenomenal on the street since they have a super sticky compound and firm foams but they don't do to well of road and I like to go on and off road simultaneously so I have found that the trenchers were the best fit for my style of driving.

I will definitely be trying out different tires from different companies to see if they work for my style of driving.

I would also like to know what types of tires you may use for similar driving or completely different driving and what your experience with them have been and if you may have any suggestions for me?


RC Car Action. Your Ultimate Off-road Guide. N.p.: Radio Control Car Action,
     n.d. Print. Radio Control Car Action.



1 comments:

  1. I use a drift car and I try to use the most slippery tire I could get. Therefore I get the HPI standard drift wheels with 9mm offset rims. I can't really give you any ideas since you use a different tire than me, but I enjoy using the HPI tires. Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete