Pages

Monday, November 30, 2015

Learning to Play Guitar


 I have been working a lot on the C chord because at first I was having a lot of trouble switching in between chords to create a progression since my fingers are not very long in the first place. So in the mean time I have been reading an instructional book to help me.
Since I have been struggling I looked to Hal Leonard the author of Guitar Method for help with my chord progression. Leonard simply states that now that I am advancing the notes will be moving from string to string (pg.11) as I am supposed to look ahead I must ready my finger for the next position (pg.11) after reading this I expanded my understanding of how to accomplish chord progression by getting my fingers ready instead of switching last minute.

  As you can see from my video I intergraded Leonard's technique into my usual practice after reading his next instructions. Leonard says to gradually and slowly increase my tempo (pg. 12) it started clicking with me after a while when I would fumble a few times but remained steady and constant.
As you can hear over the course of time after taking Leonard's advice I am slowly getting better at chord progression. Leonard gets more into chord progression as he says to depress the strings with your fingertips and arch your fingers to avoid touching strings (Pg.19) after taking his advice my chords became clearer and less muddled. I wonder how much faster I will be able to play now.


Citation:
Leonard, Hal Complete Addition: Guitar Method Leonard Hal, 1997





0 comments:

Post a Comment