Pages

Monday, November 30, 2015

The Making of a Modern Quarterback

Quarterback, may just be one of the hardest positions to play in all of sports ever created. As a quarterback you not only need to be prepare physically but mentally when in this position. Every little detail in your mechanics is very crucial. In the book The QB the Making of Modern Quarterbacks by Bruce Feldman he quotes retired NFL QB Trent Dilfer stating that, "He also realized that the upper body posture and ball carriage had a pivotal role in creating the optimum passing platform, which was totally contradictory to what most QB's had been taught" (Feldman 14). The author is stating that little details like keeping your posture upright can help with technique.






In my 9 year football career, 2 of those years were spent playing quarterback. My first year playing quarterback which happened to be my freshman year, I struggled a lot with my mechanics and didn't really pay attention to detail. This lead me to struggle as a QB in the passing area of the game. Through offseason training and my being more dedicated to focus on the little details that will help me in my game as a QB, I was able to have a more successful season. My sophomore year in my second varsity game I threw for over 100 yards which is the most I've ever had in a single game.


Do you think in order to be successful all quarterback need to have the same style and technique?






Feldman, Bruce. The QB: The Making of Modern Quarterbacks. New York: Crown
     Archetype, 2014. Print.


Part of being a great quarterback is having great body posture when passing the ball. Your body needs to be upright and tall with the nose of the football facing down.




5 comments:

  1. Do you think you'll be Sam Bradford good???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With my practice, I'll be on my way to be hopefully better than him!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind and supportive words Kevin!

      Delete
  3. Good job staying at the QB position and becoming better by working hard

    ReplyDelete