Pages

Monday, November 30, 2015

Football Training




The off season might be the most difficult time in an athletes career, trying to keep their body the same or even better shape then it was during the season. I'm reading Through My Eyes by Tim Tebow, as of now I'm reading the part where he just finished his sophomore year at Nease High School. Going into his off season he gave a lot of advice on what he did over the course of 9 months to take his one step closer to the U.S. Army All-American Bowl.




"It was my second football season football season at Nease, and we continued to make great strides to improve during my junior. Throughout the off-season, the guys and I had spend much more time with each other weight lifting, working out, working together on drills, looking to get better, to develop that edge we needed."(Tebow 66). What I took from Tim's actions in his off-season is whatever you do to get better, its best to do it with your teammate to develop a relationship and stay competitive.


Tebow also stated that he scrimmaged every week in the off season to keep the playbook fresh in back of their mind. (Tebow 70)  I need to be better at this since I usually forget the plays but I tried hard to get all the starts offensive to KR on the weekends and run through the our playbook.
To all athletes how do you stay in shape in your off season? 

3 comments:

  1. It is a MAJOR key to success to keep your body intact and in shape during the offseason. As a quarterback I too have learned that I need to workout every day or review my playbook numerous times to ensure I can be the best I can be. Definitely keep up all of your hard work it will pay off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For my sport of golf, staying in shape does not improve the way you play golf. Being a golfer, I need to having a stronger mind set than having physical strength. Therefore I don't work out unless it is for track. In that case, I would run to keep up my stamina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I run year round, so for me there really isn't an off-season. Cross country in the fall and Track in the spring. I also, do summer (USA) track in the summer. During my "off" periods I focus on what's required for my next season. Towards the end of the summer I focus on High mileage and less speed and in the winter I focus on lower mileage and a lot of speed. Great post! Good luck next season?

    ReplyDelete