Pages

Monday, November 30, 2015

C++ Programing Language

                                     
  The world is quickly changing due to fast technological advances with computers dominating every part of our lives. We always carry one around with us and we simply are dependent on computers for all future innovations. So I thought to myself, well if they're here to stay why not learn how to really control them.

  So I took up the challenge of reading C++ Programing Language Third Edition by Bjarne Storstrup. With the creator of the language itself writing this book, this covered just about everything I needed to know. I did have some knowledge of programming C++ before but I did struggle however with the creation of classes and implementing them in a master program. " The fundamental idea in defining a new type is to sperate the incidental details of the implementation from the properties essential to the correct use of it. A class is a user-defined type. This section introduces the basic facilities of defining a class, creating objects of a class, and manipulating such objects." (Bjarne Storstrup,224) When it comes to programming however, it is a very creative process and to program you can't be shown and example and simply know how to do it. However when Storstrup explained the process it became very clear to me. Therefore I was easily able to develop a program which used many classes to make a simple C++ text editor. 


 With the reasoning provided in this book and the rationale behind the implementation of classes, I was finally able to effectively introduce some into my main program and write source code for a text editor I am working on. I used a multitude of classes, some self made and some open source. The classes are the ones with "hashtags" in front of them. They are simply collections of code I wrote in another file, but since the program runs in one file I just add it into one huge file.

  With all of that said and done, I still wonder about how to use pointers more efficiently and I want start to use templates made on my own.  Thank you for reading all of that hopefully I know this may be confusing to some, but it will soon be one of the most important skills you can have. If you have any questions, comments, or want clarification feel free to ask! Which skill do you think I should explore next?
Stroustrup, Bjarne. The C++ Programming Language. 4th ed. Upper Saddle River:
     Addison-Wesley, 2013. Print.

1 comments:

  1. This is a great way to learn programming and this book I think can really help you understand it along with this blog. I now understand a little bit about C++ and want to learn more.

    ReplyDelete