Pages

Monday, November 30, 2015

Three-Berry Tart

First off I would like to start out by saying that I have never cooked before and have only recently taken interest in it when my mom left for vacation and I had to end up cooking for myself. And after eating noodles and macaroni and cheese for a week I decided that cooking something else would probably be in my best interests. To start off my cooking career I decided to go for something a little ambitious. My first ever cooking project ended up being a tart but an easier one to make according to Stephanie Ponder (Ponder 199)


Ingredients:
  • 4 large eggs
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 cups mixed berries
  • 1/2 lemon
  • 4 tablespoons heavy cream
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • I cup cold butter
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 egg beaten  (Ponder 200)
 I really think the easiest part of this whole recipe was making the filling all it took were a couple of ingredients to be thrown into a blender and then mixed up.
 
However the crust was much harder I had to refer back to the text often and if it wasn't for multiple tips in the cookbook such as letting the bread cool before adding the filling or chilling the dough before using it.(Ponder 200) I probably would have done a lot of things wrong if I hadn't had all these tips and tricks from the book.



Overall the tart ended up tasting pretty good and this encouraged me to keep cooking and trying out new things.








So the question I would like to ask is:


What do you think are some tips for beginners that may help? 























Ponder, Stephanie E. Simply Delicious. N.p.: Costco, 2012. Print.

















0 comments:

Post a Comment