Pages

Monday, November 30, 2015

5 Principles For Success in Football


  Every Season, every game and every practice, I have understand Preparation is key for success. As told by Brian Billick in his book Competitive Leadership 12 Principals Of Success "At the absolute core of any type of detailed preparation is the maximizing of meaningful repetitions."(Pg. 24) Then he starts to explain that every down you play counts for the process of becoming better at what you do on the field .






    
  I have been playing football for the past 4 years, 2 of those 4 years which was in middle school I did absolutely nothing to prepare myself for the games or practices and that is why I did not become a starter. This  all changed when I got into High School, as my Freshmen year came I applied preparation by watching film but it wasn't until 10th grade I started to apply my new knowledge from film into practice. But when I did I figured out my weaknesses and started working on them so I can make them into my strengths. I also started identifying the way the defenses play and offenses play so I can become ready for what might happen in the game. As my High School career in football still goes on I am going to keep watching film and putting what I learned onto the field because doing this has gotten me a chance of starting this year on JV and possibly starting next year on Varsity.

For anyone else who plays football what can I do to become better prepared?
posted 11:59:00 pm on November 30th

   
In football everybody that plays needs to have the thing called courage, as told by Brian Billick in his book Competitive Leadership 12 Principals Of Success states " Courage is the personal strength that enables a player to handle fear, make difficult decisions, take risks, confront change , accept responsibility, and self-reliant. In other words courage is the trait that empowers  you to be yourself." (Pg. 208)
     
I relate to this by how this season I have been moved around 5 different positions on the offensive line and every time I had to learn to play that position but once in a while I would not know what to do but I needed to still block for the running back/QB so I had to just make a decision to block the closest person and sometimes I would chose right guy and then we would pick up a big gain of yards but other times  I would chose wrong guy and let an opportunity not happen for our team, even though my choices wont be 100% good one's the success comes from whether or not I am able to take responsibility and not to fear the choices I made because even though I might not get the play right there is always going to be the next one.



For those that play football, how does this meaning of courage effect your playing? 









Posted 7:55:00 December 31st

       
In football and in life we can either put ourselves in a situation to accomplish something or to not attempt anything at all because of the confidents we have in ourselves. Brian Billick explains how people with high expectations of themselves mostly succeed, this is seen as self assuring.  How people with confidence in themselves can do what ever they think they can because the human spirit is a very powerful thing.

 



        I relate to this by how when I was in middle school I was always looked at as a 3rd stringer or worse, my coaches never gave me a shot to prove myself so I would never see myself a good enough player to my coaches or for myself. This all changed when I hit 9th grade, new coach new chances, for my first season in high school  I started 3 games as a line backer, this built my confidence a little, the season after I started 6 games as a tackle and a center by taking the taking the starting role from teammates by outplaying them, this created a certain trust with my coaches teammates and risen the confidence that I am a good player and I can accomplish anything that I set my mind to.

What have you needed to overcome in playing football or any sport?


Posted 8:36:00 January 25th


        Being able to communicate to others is key in football and life. As explained by Brian Billick Competitive Leadership 12 Principals Of Success "You can 't prevail, much less excel, without superior communication skills" (90). Communication is needed to best understand any situation on the field or off, we use it to know what to do to become better as a person and a player. Being a leader, communication is needed to be successful.


        I relate to this by how I talk to all of my teammate to better understand how they play, or the new players(freshman) and better give them an understanding of what they got to do to become better as a player and as a person because I have gone through everything that is mostly known of starting at the bottom in football. I can give them advice of what they should do to stay on track in school and push them to become better.
How do you use communication on or off the field?

Posted 11:08:00 January 25th


what if there was a way that makes a person better, well Brian Billick explains performance oriented, where a person creates steps to have success for a vision they have . This is needing dedication and the grand plan for success.

I relate to this by how I am starting at center and I have to follow a step process to be successful. I have to notice whether or not the linebacker is blitzing, or if the tackle is shaded to the right or to the left, but the most important part is having to snap the ball and block at the same time. This whole step process is important so I can block for the QB or the RB.

If you play football or any other sport, what I your step process at your position to be successful?
Posted 1/26 January 26th








Citation: Billick, Brian. Competitive Leadership Twelve Prinicples For Success. N.p.: n.p., n.d. Print.                         




4 comments:

  1. I enjoy the way you tackled the obstacle of getting better. That strategy works for anything that you need to get better in because you can see first hand how you do things and how you can change it. I don't play football but I think if you keep doing what you do, you will make varsity. You have good knowledge about the game and you have the right mindset for the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the reply to my post and for giving me feedback of your thought of this subject and thank you for the confidence

      Delete
  2. I definitely agree with that if you do things like watch film and study your opponent you will have much more success! As of my preparation as a quarterback, I have to use all the resources I can get to be prepared for a game coming up. Like on some days I go on a website called HUDL and even watch recent game film to find a way to beat my opponents for the next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the answer to one of my questions it will prove to help me in the long run

      Delete