Pages

Friday, November 28, 2014

Texas

First, I decided to do a salad. I know that I am not a good cook. I have even burned pasta, before because I thought the sauce was supposed to change color. But the one thing that I have done successfully every time is making salad. So this is why I am starting with a salad. It is a Bombay Salad. I was very confused over this because when I looked at the ingredients it said I needed avocado. I then had to go and buy all of these foods that I usually only use in a blue moon. The ingredients included

  1. 1 carton of sour cream
  2. 1 avocado, halved and mashed
  3. 1/4 cup minced onion powder
  4. 2 cloves garlic
  5. 1 tablespoon curry powder
  6. 2 large tomatoes
  7. 1 head of iceberg lettuce
  8. 4 thin slices of red onion
  9. salt
  10. 2 pickled jalapeño chiles
After I got all of these groceries, I decided not put in  the jalapeno because I planned on serving it to my family and my brother gets sick if he eats them. So then in a bowl I combined the sour cream , avocado, onion, onion powder, garlic, and curry powder, and whisk until smooth, (Walsh). It took me around 3 minutes to get it perfectly smooth. " Fan the tomato slices on 2 chilled salad plates remove several layers of leaves from the center of the cut side" ( 8 Walsh). After that I laced the tomatoes on the plate With the lettuce pour the mixture over the lettuce . (Walsh). Then put  salt and onions on the top of the now finished salad. I thought all of these don't go together because some are spicy sweet and plain. But the mixture had great layer of thickness and tasted pretty good. Overall I felt good with the salad.  If I don't put in an ingredient then will it not taste as good?


Walsh, Robb. Texas Eats. New York: Ten Speed, 2012. Print

4 comments:

  1. Nice job on your post Patrick that sounds like a good salad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danny, it was surprisingly good even though to me it sounded weird with all of those ingredients.

      Delete
  2. Nice Patrick everything looks really good great job

    ReplyDelete