Pages

Friday, November 28, 2014

THINGS! ROBOTS! THE FUTURE!


All the Destiny players will get that joke. ANYWAY, I, Henri Durand, otherwise known as Noize Tank or RKD x NT 3000, am wanting to go into the field of robotics/programming. The example above is of a sentient AI, known as Ghost from the popular game Destiny, who runs ships, teleporting, armor management, etc.. In today's society, one of the most common robots you see is the LEGO Mindstorms NXT 2.0 Robot, the gateway into robotics. One of the first things I did was connect the control brick to my personal laptop. I already have the software installed because my sister used this, and I began programming a sound function. This does not require any of the servo motors, the motors that will be used to drive other function in the future, but it requires the main brick and sound block. So, once I plug in my brick and load up the program, I get to work with the sound brick function.  "Although the Sound Editor can open or record audio files that are as long as 10 seconds, it can only save files that are no more than 5 seconds long." (Ford 39) So, what I did was open up Audacity, set the audio to mono, and clip it to 5 seconds (or less). I learned this skill from another thing, but that's another story for another day. If programmed correctly, when I release the big orange button, the sound file should play.And it did, shown in the video below.




If you're getting into robotics, what did you start with?

1 comments:

  1. It was very interesting to read your post, but I know nothing about robots.

    ReplyDelete