Pages

Friday, November 28, 2014

Drawing

Perspective 

I've always like to draw but I was never very good at it so i decided to with the basics so the book that I chose for the assignment was Basic Drawing by Louis Priscilla. I started at the beginning the first thing that the book talks about is perspective, so that is where I decided to start. According to Louis Priscilla "perspective is the first thing students must learn. Like the alphabet in language, without it, one would not be able to write".(7)  According to the author the first thing you need to do is make sure the object you were drawing is at eye level. (7)  so i decided to practice this.  Louis  also talks about using eye level as a guide line or that you should establish your eye level first then  the object or the scene you are drawing. for where to draw either above or under. I practice this below.


this is me practicing drawing objects at eye level.

this is some object that I drew using eye level as a guide line or establishing eye level then drawing the object or scene that you want.





so after reading Louis Priscilla's book I have finished my first lesson in art. I  now understand more on art and how perspective is such an important part that I can now use when I draw my artwork. a questions that I have is why do you think that eye level or even Perspective is such an important or fundamental aspect in art or drawing?

MLA citation: Priscilla, Louis. Basic Drawing. New York: Bramhall House, 1954. Print.





5 comments:

  1. Hi Danny! Nice post! To answer your question, I think perspective is important to drawing because it allows a two dimensional object look real. I'm also reading a book about drawing and it says something along the lines of: perspective makes an object look more believable. i think it's so important because making an drawing look realistic is one of the main objectives of drawing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Kaitlyn I appreciate your feedback. I also really like your answer for why perspective is so important it really helped me understand more on why it is important.

      Delete
  2. I'm an awful drawer, but I would assume that it might help you to maintain equal dimensions to have a clear reference point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ms.Ms. Robison I appreciate your feedback and your answer as well.

      Delete
  3. Nice Danny your work is a master piece keep it up

    ReplyDelete