Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Girl eyes and emotion's (Manga drawing)

          When I was little drawing manga was my biggest obsession I never really took classes or tried to learn how to draw because I was a kid at the time so I never really had money to buy books and the internet was not a big thing for me when I was little. Now that I am in high school and I can earn money and all that stuff I decided for this Independent reading project to learn properly again how to draw anime.
          In the book I am reading I am learning how to draw the eyes and how to make it fit on each person and the emotions in different types of eyes. Camilla D'errico says " Whenever I'm creating a new character, I always start with the eyes. you get all the emotions from the eyes; they are the getaway to the character's soul (16). When staring out you need to make a oval shape head and crosshairs going from top to bottom and side to side those crosshairs will give you an idea of were the eye will be at on the face(16). Camilla D'errico also points out that the crosshairs determine which way the head is turned.


When drawing the eyes for the girls Camilla says " Each eye is a simple circle centered on the horizontal line halfway between the side of the face and the central line"(17).

When filling in the highlight of the eyes you should make the highlight(smaller eye portion) 1/4 of the larger eye (17) . and when adding the iris Camilla tell you " draw a half circle staring at the bottom middle of the highlight and going around to the other side. Don't go all the way to the top of the eye"(17).  Its mostly finding you're own person style for the eye (17).


Lastly you are about to finish you take out a black pen and go over the drawing to make it darker and to add some depth into the eyes (17). when filling the details in Camilla points out that " Draw the pupil right in the middle of the iris and fill it in. Then lightly shade in the area between the edge of the iris and yhe pupil, being careful to avoid the highlight(17). And there we have finished and drew how a girl's eye would look like.
Question: How was it like when you first started to draw? What did you feel?
citations: D'Errico, Camilla, and Stephen W. Martin. Pop Manga: How to Draw the Coolest, Cutest Characters, Animals, Mascots, and More. First ed. New York: D'Errico Studios Ltd and Stephen W.martin, 2013. Print.

5 comments:

  1. Wow. You can really see the emotion in the eyes. I used to love drawing anime and faces of people but I stopped because I could never get the eyes right even when I'm using the correct measurements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Eliza!! If you would like I can show you how to do it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very impressive - excellent attention to detail. Make sure to write a question to facilitate discussion as part of your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Mrs.Robison I will surly do that next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete