Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2014

iPhotography

You could ask almost anyone what type of phone they have and they would say they have an iPhone. Now, a lot of people use their cameras for taking selfies, but I would prefer use it to my advantage and use it for photography. This is why I chose the book "Sixty Tips for Creative iPhone Photography" by Martina Holmberg. She takes the iPhone and uses the camera to create great shots of everyday life.


 In chapter 3 "Develop Your Eye", Holmberg shows how to use your phone camera to your advantage by changing perspective, shooting from the hip, creating depth. Recently I've been changing the perspective in my photos by looking at potential photographs in a different way; this means having to get into different positions and angles to create the shot. "Make yourself really uncomfortable for one day and shoot lying down, standing up, sitting on a chair, upside down, and from another perspective you haven't tried before" (50).

Using these tips have really helped my photography. This book just goes to show that you don't need a fancy Nikon camera to take really unique pictures. "When you look at the images, you'll see how the new perspectives have provided diversity and variation." (50) Using these tips, I know creating photos won't be easy, but the outcome will be worth it.

Would you risk sitting in wet grass just to get that perfect picture?


Citation: Holmberg, Martina. Sixty Tips for Creative iPhone Photography. Santa Barbara, CA: Rocky Nook Inc. 2012

4 comments:

  1. Yes. Work on the quality of your discussion question please. I really do like your tree & Jones soda pictures. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll be sure to work on my question on my next post.

      Delete
  2. The picture with the reflection of the tree is beautiful! Taking pictures with your Iphone is simple and the quality on the camera isn't bad either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! I definitely didn't think that phone quality could end up being this amazing either, especially when it comes to photography. I love the idea of simplicity when it comes to photography so I definitely think that it's great what camera phones can do.

      Delete