Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Pumpkin Pie Carrot Cake

Baking is a difficult task that some do for a job and others  hobby. For me I love baking, although it is something I've never really been good at. Either I'm too inpatient or unable to follow directions correctly. I decided to attempt to get better at baking by reading Toll House, 3 Books In One cookbook by Nestle.

While flipping through the cook book I stumbled across a recipe for a Pumpkin Carrot Cake. Carrot cake is one of my dads favorites. While reading the many directions and steps for this cake I decided I should challenge myself and make it for my dads birthday that was coming up. Although there were many steps to this delicious treat the book gave me clear directions to make sure the cake turns out right. Some things I had never really done or thought of doing, was suggested by the book in the directions "For 30 to 35 minutes of until wooden pick inserted in centers come out clean" (206). This is a simple step I had always skipped while baking, but I realized it is a vital step that helped this cake turn out delicious and well cooked.


My dad loved his cake and I loved how it turned out and even tasted. As you can tell we're a Hawk's family, I mean who isn't? So I had decided to decorate it with the Seahawks logo. Throughout this cake baking experience I had learned patience to make a cake perfectly moist and delicious.

For my next baking experience I plan on making cookies so I can share The Toll House, 3 Books In One's yummy treats!

Question:
Do you have any suggestions of a type of cookie to bake?


Citation:
Nestle. Toll House 3 Books In 1. N.p.: Nestle USA, inc, 2010. Print

4 comments:

  1. You should try a black and white or tuxedo cookies - those always look really good. Your cake sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of those, maybe ill try making them soon! And thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pumpkin pie and I love carrot cake so this cake sounds really good! It also does take a lot of patience to make a perfectly moist cake, something I need to work on. A suggestion for a cookie would be strawberry shortcake cookie. Also your hawks logo is on point, great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment Jazel! I've never had a strawberry shortcake cookie before, but I sure would like to try it! Maybe ill attempt making them some time, thank you for your input.

    ReplyDelete