Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Courage

In football everybody that plays needs to have the thing called courage, as told by Brian Billick in his book Competitive Leadership 12 Principals Of Success states " Courage is the personal strength that enables a player to handle fear, make difficult decisions, take risks, confront change , accept responsibility, and self-reliant. In other words courage is the trait that empowers  you to be yourself." (Pg. 208)
     
I relate to this by how this season I have been moved around 5 different positions on the offensive line and every time I had to learn to play that position but once in a while I would not know what to do but I needed to still block for the running back/QB so I had to just make a decision to block the closest person and sometimes I would chose right guy and then we would pick up a big gain of yards but other times  I would chose wrong guy and let an opportunity not happen for our team, even though my choices wont be 100% good one's the success comes from whether or not I am able to take responsibility and not to fear the choices I made because even though I might not get the play right there is always going to be the next one.



For those that play football, how does this meaning of courage effect your playing? 









Posted 7:55:00 December 31st
Citation: Billick, Brian. Competitive Leadership Twelve Prinicples For Success. N.p.: n.p., n.d. Print.                        

0 comments:

Post a Comment