Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Ball Security

Ball security is very important in a game. A fumble could change and determine a team's chance of winning the ball game. In the book Through My Eyes by Tim Tebow a great former NFL quarterback and is now a free agent in the NFL. " A quarterback run up the middle. I was stood straight up on a tackle by a defender, and then I got stripped of the ball by another player. My fumble was recovered by Georgia on our own ten yard line... The whole next week I worked on ball-security by myself after practice trying to make sure what happened in the Georgia game didn't happened again."(Tebow 113)


All my years of playing football I have been on the offensive and defensive line, my junior year I'm going to try out for the tight end position. At this position I have the responsibility to block on run plays and every now and then be apart of the pass play. Trying out for this position means that sometime the ball will be in my hands. I have been train this off-season to make the transition from catching to tucking and run with the ball with great hold of it.

Do you think ball security is important and how costly one is for a team?





3 comments:

  1. Making a transition from playing tackle on the O-line to tight end can be difficult but with hard work you can do it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ball security is very important especially for skill position players. As a quarterback ball security is the most crucial thing from taking the snap to gripping the ball when passing. Quarterbacks have to know how to take care of the ball or else they find themselves sitting on the bench!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Based on what I've seen in the NFL, ball security is highly important. Games are sometimes won or loss because of a player's ability to hold onto the ball. If you lose the ball and turn it over, you're giving the other team another possession which is another chance for them to score. I think ball security is especially essential for running backs considering how many touches they get a game and how often they are hit. If a team cannot hold onto the ball, then it is another obstacle for them to get pass in winning a game.

    ReplyDelete