Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Proper Throwing Technique

    Successful Quarterbacks like ones in the NFL have the ability to throw with accuracy and precision. Knowing how to throw is one of the most crucial aspects in a QB, the ability to pass can determine your team's success. According to the book The QB by Bruce Feldman in order to have perfect throwing form, "A QB's whole body needs to be engaged starting from the inside of his right shoe, and then the hip goes through. Then the core goes through as he rides that energy, and then his arm rolls into it" (105). Every little detail to throwing is crucial to how far and/or how accurate your ball will be when you release the football off of your fingertips.



Using my core to ride my energy and my arms roll into the energy when I release the ball.

    I showed an example of me using proper throwing technique when attempting an in-game pass. As stated, I pushed off of my back foot generating energy to my core, used my hips and pointer foot to guide where the ball needs to go and had my arm roll with the energy transferred from my core making me throw the ball as accurate and as far as I want it to be. Proper throwing technique as displayed in the pic above is encouraged and practiced with QB's across the nation.


    With all the talk of proper throwing technique, do you think I should research some other forms of throwing technique to improve my game as a Quarterback?


Feldman, Bruce. The QB: The Making of Modern Quarterbacks. New York: Crown
     Archetype, 2014. Print.

0 comments:

Post a Comment