Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Grilled Pineapples á La Mode

No matter how good the main course may be we all know what everyone really looks forward to Desert! At least for me that's true so I decide to make something sweet and tasty for this blog post. Today I will be making grilled pineapples served with ice cream and honey as a topping.
  • 1 pineapple
  • 1/2 lb. ice cream
  • honey
  • 3 tbsp. sugar
  • 2-3 skewers (Ponder 75)
The first step in the recipe automatically threw me off because it asked me to cut a pineapple which I had never done before. Luckily the author included how to cut a pineapple properly. Ponder says to cut the pineapple in a hexagon shape from top to bottom so that we may get the most fruit from the pineapple (Ponder 75).
After using ponders tips it became easier to cut the pineapple but it was still pretty hard to cut it because it became very slippery after the first couple of cuts. After cutting the pineapples into hexagons I cut them in half and started to grill them.
 
While the pineapples grilled I warmed up the honey to make it into a watery mixture instead of being like syrup.
After the pineapples were grilled it was fairly easy to plate the desert
 with ice-cream. After tasting this I think this was an amazing combination the pineapples really complimented the ice-cream well and the honey just made it even better. In the end I would definitely make this again because it tasted amazing and was fairly easy to make.



So my question would have to be what type of toppings do you guys like on your deserts?

 

Ponder, Stephanie E. Simply Delicious. N.p.: Costco, 2012. Print.


0 comments:

Post a Comment