Pages

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Farfalle with brie cheese and mushrooms

Today I decided to make a dish that is uncommon in our house. We usually don't put mushrooms in our food because some people don't like them. It's always really hard to accommodate to everyone since we always have guests staying here, so I decided not to. I love mushrooms so I decided I would make this dish even if some people refused to eat it.

Ingredients:
  • 12 oz. Farfalle
  • 14 oz. Crimini mushrooms
  • 4.5 oz. Brie cheese
  • 1/3 cup Milk
  • 2 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
  • 3/4 oz. Parsley
  • 1 tbsp. Dry white wine
  • 1 Clove garlic
  • Salt and pepper
(I Love Pasta 112)


The first thing I did was make the sauce. For this, I would need the brie cheese and milk. In the book it said, "Add the brie and stir until cheese is melted and a smooth fondue is obtained" (I Love Pasta 112). This was very helpful since it described exactly what the sauce should be like.


Then, I cleaned and cut all the mushrooms into quarters. After this, I sautéed the garlic and parsley with the mushrooms for five minutes (I Love Pasta 112). I then added the white wine and seasoned the mushrooms with pepper.
Finally, I boiled the farfalle in the salted boiling water for ten minutes. After draining the farfalle, I added the cheese sauce to the mushrooms and mixed it together for about two minutes. Lastly, I combined the sauce with the pasta to make the final product.

If I had to rate this dish, I would give it three out five stars since nothing stood out to me about this dish. After tasting it myself, I let everyone else have a bite. They all agreed that this dish was something you would order at a restaurant and never order again. The only person who didn't try my dish was Jacqueline. She hates mushrooms for some absurd reason and refused to even try the farfalle. (How ridiculous!) Although she didn't eat it, I didn't care since there was more food for me to eat.


Do you have any foods that you hate? If there are, tell me what they are and why you hate them.


I Love Pasta: An Italian Love Story in 100 Recipes. Newtown: Taunton, 2013. Print.

2 comments:

  1. Wow that looks amazing and is actually starting to make me hungry! But if I were to choose a food that I hate it would have to be chocolate always hated the taste of it for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have a friend that hates chocolate too but I don't understand why. I love chocolate but I won't judge you since everyone's taste buds are different.

      Delete