Pages

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Magic by Design (This is Not a Lecture It's a Magic Trick)


The Deck Knows Your Card...


I'm back with another magic trick. But this time, I don't find your card, the deck knows your card. I'm Back at it again with Karl Fulves' Self-working Close-up Card Magic book.



This trick is classified as an opening trick. Karl Fulves' Self-working Close-up Card Magic defines an opening trick with " The opening card trick should have a simple plot because that is the best way to engage the audiences attention" (Fulves 1).

I think the most important part of this trick is the way you shuffle the cards near the end. this shuffle is called the duck and deal shuffle and is not just to mix up the cards. this shuffle makes sure the three is always the card chosen for the trick.

overall this was a really simple trick.  What do you guys think is the best kind of trick for an opening in a magic routine?  Do you want to start with a bang, or start small?

Citation: Fulves, Karl. Self-Working Close-up Card Magic: 56 Foolproof Tricks. Dover Publications, 1995.

6 comments:

  1. Hello Dani! I really like the topic of your post, it is very original and interesting. I think that you should start somewhere that is small, but is still attention grabbing and entertaining. You should always leave the biggest and best for last, in my opinion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Bridget, thanks for taking the time to think about the trick. I think that if all your tricks wow the audience, whether or not they are complex, you feel accomplished.

      Delete
  2. I really liked how you explained everything that you were doing, and how/when it happened which made the video enjoyable. The trick you also did was cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I try to let people know what I'm doing so it makes sense to them. Not everyine can figure out the tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was really entertaining to see you demonstrate the trick! I also liked it's simpleness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes the best tricks aren't complex. Having a mix of different kinds of tricks helps give a well rounded performance.

    ReplyDelete