Pages

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Beauty Routine: Importance of Eyebrows



An important aspect of an individual’s face are their eyebrows. Eyebrows are an important feature as they frame the placement of your eyes, and the entirety of your face. Depending on your facial features they may soften or even intensify your look. While people depend on mascara as their most important product, you can simply get away with minimalist makeup as long as your eyebrows are shaped.

According to the Bobby Brown Makeup Manual, “All brows benefit from added definition”, (Brown 88). Grooming your brows can create a significant difference, simply by using beauty tools such as tweezers, an eyebrow brush, mini scissors, gel and, product of your choice. Products vary from eye shadow, brow powders to pencils, or even pomades.

The ideal brow should adhere to the individual’s facial features. Such as the beginning of the brows aligning to the inner corners of your eyes, and the arch diagonal to the tip of your nose. Make sure the length of your brows aren’t too long or too short.

Using the product of your choice, “Fill in using light, feathery strokes to mimic the look of hair” (Brown 92). You must use a stiff, flat angled brow brush if product is applied as a powder, or pomade rather than pencil. Continue the process throughout your brow, yet leaving a gradient at the beginning of your hairs. Caterpillars are not appreciated. My pro tip for definition is to clean up the outline using concealer or foundation of your choice.

The intensity of color depends on your personal preference. Make sure to choose a color a one to two shades lighter than your hair for a more natural approach. But, be my guest if you’d want darker brows, or even different colors. Makeup is an art form, and there is never just one way to do anything. How do you fill in your brows?


4 comments:

  1. I love this blog post and I love the tips you followed since your brows look so good ! I also agree with the part about using a flat angled brush because from my experience these work the best, and makes the brows look more natural. And I fill in my brows a really similar way, by leaving the front with more gradient coloring, then cleaning with concealer. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Amelie! I feel honored since your brows are always so nice. Having proper tools does really make a difference for the outcome!

      Delete
  2. Hey Aliya, I usually fill in my brows first with the Anastasia Beverly Hills brow pomade and then focus on the start of my brows with their brow wiz pencil. I agree that a more natural brow look always looks better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sienna! That use to be my routine until I ran out of my brow wiz. I couldn't agree more about gradients!

      Delete