Pages

Sunday, December 31, 2017

A Guide to Getting a Glamorous Makeup Look: Foundation/Face

Hey guys, welcome back to my blog. in this blog i am going to be talking about the next step in getting the makeup look you want. The first step for your look is the foundation. You need to find your perfect color for your skin type. There are many different colors of foundation for different skin colors. When you have the right color, it makes the whole makeup look all put together. It also helps when you have the right brand of foundation. different brands can have different affects on your skin. it might make you makeup look oily, or it might not blend well with your skin. "Choose one that is suitable for your skin type, matches your skim color, and gives you the amount of coverage you require" (Cockerill, 32). You can apply foundation with a brush or a beauty blender, either works just as good. After foundation, there is concealer and powder. Both of these products help conceal and finish off the face. "With the many colors and consistencies of concealer available, you can usually hide anything from a simple blemish to dark under-eye circles, scarring, birthmarks, and even tattoos" (Cockerill, 31). Concealer and powder will help make the face look really smooth and clean. I hope this blog helps you start your makeup look and keep looking for my other blogs to help with the rest of your look. Thanks for reading!

Cockerill, Gary, et al. Simply Glamorous: Make-up Transformations to Make You Look & Feel Fabolous. Jacqui Small, 2015.



6 comments:

  1. Hi Janell I really like this blog post since it directs it to finding the right foundation for people's skin type. And I agree with the tips you brought up. In my experience, I also use powder with my concealer and foundation which works best for me. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amelie, thank you for reading my blog! I will take your tips into consideration when I practice my makeup. I will have to read your blog to find some more tips for myself! Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Hi Janell! This blog makes a lot of sense when it comes to finding the right foundation. Many girls struggle with this, but with these tips, finding the right foundation is easy! Thanks for the helpful hints to finish my look. Why do you think it is so hard to sometimes find the right foundation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Girl! I think that it is the hardest to find the right foundation because some girls don't actually know their own color. When you know your foundation color, it makes the process a lot easier.

      Delete
  3. Hi Janell! Your blog is very interesting. I personally use a beauty blender to apply my foundation but I have used brushes in the past. Why do you think that the brush makes your makeup look different than the beauty blender? Just curious to hear your opinion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Keira! I personally use a beauty blender too, but sometimes I use a brush too, and I think the brush makes the foundation look less caked on and it leaves a nice finish to it. Thanks for reading!

      Delete