Pages

Sunday, December 31, 2017

Beauty Routine: Importance of Foundation

Beauty Routine: Importance of Foundation


Some people tend to shy away from foundation due its association to having a ‘cakey’ finish. Yet in order to achieve a full glam look, beauty starts with a flawless base.If the individual selects a foundation routine in which adheres to their skin perfectly, it may look as if there had been no product at all.

The purpose of wearing foundation is to even out our skin’s tone and texture. The purpose of using concealer is to completely lift and brighten up your face. When applying foundation, its significant that you’ve prepared your skin for makeup. Skin care is the secret to flawless application. According to Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual, before applying any product, you must begin with these steps, “analyze the type and condition of your skin,decide which products will improve your skin condition, choose the correct foundation formula and shade, select a suitable under eye concealer, and lastly select the perfect powder shade” (Brown 50).

Materials in which are needed for application are primer, foundation, concealer, face powder, and applicator, whether it be a sponge or brush. Choose a concealer in which is one to two shades lighter than your foundation. When choosing foundation opt for your perfect shade match. Personally for tools, I tend to use a damp beauty sponge. But first, I apply primer and allow it to sink into my skin. Different primers are used for different purposes such as, a moisturizing, pore-filling, luminizing, or even mattifying. Same goes for foundations and concealers. After applying and letting my skin absorb the product, I use a sponge to lightly spounce my foundation onto my skin. A key tip is to not rub the sponge as it may rub off product. Apply concealer under your eyes to fully brighten your facial features. Last but not least is powder. The purpose of powder is to set your makeup in place. A bronzing shade is optional to contour and further accentuate your facial features. Simply applying the contour shade onto your forehead, cheekbones, and jawline. To see the true effect of the foundation, let it settle for a few minutes.

For my routine, I use two faced hangover and porefessional by benefit as my primer, fenty as my foundation, tarte shape tape as my concealer, and mac studio sculpt defining as powder. For contour I tend to use the contour kit by anastasia beverly hills. What products do you guys use, and how does it affect the finish of your foundation?

0 comments:

Post a Comment