Pages

Friday, December 26, 2014

shooting the ball

The first post I did was passing the ball and their were some hand technique for that. But I'm going to be doing the same thing, but instead of passing, I'm shooting! this Book made me see how shooting is really easy if you follow the steps that I'm going to be telling and showing you.



step 1 is basically like step one in my previous post, but you need to have the right hand placement to be able to shoot really good. "When preparing to shoot, your hand should be spread comfortably on the ball"(35) and also "the shooting hand should be in the middle of the ball" (35). This will let you have a better grip on the ball. Like i said in my previous post."If you let the ball sit in your palm, you lose the sensitivity needed to shoot well"(34).











Step 2, is you bring the other hand to the ball. " Your off hand (the one you're not shooting with) directly on the side of the ball, making it easier to control and shoot straight"(35).









Step 3, is releasing the ball. " you release the ball by lifting or extending your elbow to the goal, springing your forearm forward, and snapping the wrist" (35). When you do it this way, it will help the ball go in way better then you normally shoot the ball. Also " as the ball leaves your hand, it should roll off your fingertips with a smooth, even backspin.





Question: How do you shoot the ball, with a high arch or a low arch?

citation:  Miller, Faye Young., and Wayne R. Coffey. Winning Basketball for Girls. New York, NY: Facts on File, 1984. Print.

3 comments:

  1. I thought the tips you provided were very interesting and helpful. To answer your question, I shoot with a high arch on the ball because it gives a better chance for the ball to get in the basket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kenny! thanks for your comment. I also shoot with a high arch. I feel like it has more rotation to the ball, and therefore the ball has a better chance to get into the hoop.

    ReplyDelete